Any student that participates on a team that is representing I.S. 230 must adhere to the following responsibilities from the NYC Discipline Code. Any student that violates these responsibilities in any degree may be subject to a suspension of participating with the team or could warrant a complete removal from the team.
Final decisions for suspension or removal from the team will be made by Administration.
Reasons for discipline:
· Uncooperative or noncompliant behavior.
· Repeated failure to wear the required school uniform.
· Cutting classes
· Consistently begin late to class
· Behaving in a manner, which disrupts the educational process.
· Engaging in verbally rude or disrespectful behavior (using profane, obscene, vulgar, or lewd language, gestures or behavior)
· Misusing property that belongs to others
· Inappropriate use of electronic technology
· Shoving, pushing, or engaging in a minor altercation
· Engaging in physically aggressive behavior other than minor altercations
· Engaging in gang related behavior (wearing or displaying gang apparel, writing graffiti, making gestures or signs)
· Knowingly possessing property belonging to another without authorization
· Engaging in an act of coercion or threatening or instigating violence
· Engaging in harassing, intimidating or bullying behavior including using electronic communication to engage in such behavior
· Possessing controlled substances
· Possessing a weapon
· Any other behavior that violates the behavior code that leads to suspension